Gifts of Appreciated Securities
Donating appreciated securities, including stocks, bonds, and mutual funds is an easy and tax advantageous way to make a gift to Forest Home.
Illustration – $10,000 Donation
How it works
1. You transfer appreciated securities to Forest Home.
2. You receive an income tax deduction for the full market value and avoid paying capital gains tax.
3. Forest Home sells the securities, avoids capital gains tax, and uses 100% of the proceeds to make it possible for children, youth and families to experience the life-changing power of the Gospel at Forest Home.
- You receive an immediate income tax deduction for the fair market value on the date of transfer.
- You pay no capital gains tax on the transfer.
- If desired, you can immediately repurchase the identical stock at a new basis. No wash sale rules apply because it is gain property.
- You experience the joy of making it possible for children, youth and families to experience the life-changing power of the Gospel at Forest Home.
If you would like to gift appreciated securities to Forest Home, please contact the Forest Home Development Office for our brokerage account information.
We’re here to help
To discuss the best gift options for you, contact Kyle Harris at (909) 389-2300 ext 304 or firstname.lastname@example.org.